This week I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated by two different bloggers for another Liebster Award! The two kind ladies are Natalie over at Beauty Does and Sakura Fujiko (I’m sorry I don’t know your real name!) at Ciribiribi. Thanks so much to you both!
Now, the rules seem to be somewhat different on different blog posts so I’ll go with the same format I used last time.
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
And here are my answers to both sets of questions!
- What means “happiness” for you?
For me, happiness is being snuggled up inside on a rainy day, with tasty food, The Legend of Zelda, and good company.
- What gives you the most inspiration?
To be honest, the main thing that inspires me is my will to succeed. I hate failing at anything and always want to do my best and accomplish my goals. So the thing that inspires me most is the desire to work in Japan, as it pushes me to do well enough to get there.
- Why did you start blogging?
To share my love of all things Oriental with the world! And hopefully inspire some of you out there.
- What is your favorite quote (if you have one)?
‘The flow of time is always cruel’. – Sheik, Ocarina of Time
- What makes you instantly fall in love with a blog?
If the writer is relatable, and down to earth. I need to feel like I could connect with the person for it to keep me coming back to it.
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
It sounds a bit cliché, but being forced to choose between my mum and dad when they split up is a heartbreaking thing that no child should have to do. It’s like you’re being torn in two and no answer is the right one.
- What is your favorite piece in your closet?
I get bored of my clothes far too easily. One week I’ll love something and the next I’m like ‘what was I thinking? I’ll never wear this again’. But at the minute it’s my bunny patterned jumper with this adorable frill along the bottom. It’s just too cute!
- What are your 3 must have beauty products?
Definitely my Dolly Wink eyeliner, my Holika Holika BB cream and Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint.
- Have you ever lived abroad (if not, did you consider)?
I don’t think I even need to answer this! I’ve never lived abroad but you all know where I want to live…
- What is your favourite food?
Noodles. I am addicted to them!
- If you could trade lives for one day with a celebrity, whose life would you choose?
I genuinely wouldn’t trade it because I hate hate hate being in the spotlight at all. And I really love my little life! It may not be glamorous but I have a loving boyfriend, wonderful friends and family, a job to tide me over while I’m at University and a lovely place to live.
(I’ve had to miss two questions from the other set as they were the same.)
- Where did the name of your blog come from?
I think I may have answered this before but it translates from Japanese to ‘to weave a poem’, which I thought was well suited and pretty.
- What is your favourite of your own blog posts?
It sounds a bit vain but I really enjoyed writing The Girl Behind Shiori. I can be quite closed off so it was a bit strange but nice to share so much of myself.
- How do you find new blogs to follow?
I always look at whoever comments, likes or follows me as I love to see what kind of people are actually interested in me! I also use to WordPress search bar to input tags of things I’m interested in and see what comes up.
- Would you ever stop following a blog? And why?
I would if they didn’t post original things. I like to see an insight into that person, so it feels a bit pointless following someone who doesn’t put any opinions across and only uses things other people have already done.
- What is your opinion on commenting on blog posts?
I’d be a bit of a hypocrite if I said I was against it! I comment on a lot of people’s posts and I love when others comment on mine. I find it really interesting to hear what other people think about a topic, and even just to say something like ‘great post’ makes it feel like more of a community.
- Name one author whose books you will always read
Suzanne Collins! I really like her style of writing as they’re interesting and thought provoking too.
- If you could recommend one book for another to read, what would it be and why?
In keeping with my last answer, The Hunger Games. I know it seems obvious, cliché and blahblahblah because it’s very popular at the minute but it’s such a well written book/series. The way she handles the idea of the differences in society is extremely clever and it has a lot of relevance to today’s politics.
- What is your most anticipated read of 2014?
I honestly couldn’t say! I don’t really keep a check of what books are coming out and just tend to pick up books at the time and see what I fancy.
- How do you pick your outfits?
I tend to go for whatever I feel like! I’m quite adventurous with how I dress and never worry about clashing patterns etc. I go for what is comfortable and what I think looks good.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- What is your top beauty product?
- Do you prefer books or movies?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your definition of happiness?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who or what are your biggest inspirations?
- What is your ideal job?
- What is your favourite thing to do to pass the time?
- Where is your favourite place to visit?
- What video game would you recommend?
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
And here are my lovely nominees:
- A Girl Called Gemma
- Miso Beauty
- (Not That) Kawaii
- A Thrift to Beauty
- Anj Writes [About]
- Apple Loves Japan!
- Beauty With Alexis
- Dara Nyan
- Just Johanna
- Kittenish Girl
You really need to check out all these great blogs!
Arigatou for reading everyone